“St. Peter's CofE School, PTA, Mill End, Rickmansworth”
Email the PTA at: email@example.com
A warm welcome to the Friends of St Peter’s Parent Teacher Assocation (PTA). The PTA is organised by a committee but as parents of pupils at St Peter’s school, you are already part of our community!
Why do we have a PTA?
Friends of St Peter’s PTA is an integral part of our school community and raises thousands of pounds every year through organised fun events. It provides closer links between home and school and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school. Our goal is toraise funds that will be invested back into the school to improve the education and development of our children.
What do we do to raise funds?
We run a variety of events throughout the year…..
1. Movie Nights – After-school movie in the hall. Children bring their own snacks and cushions.
2. Christmas Products – the PTA organise for children’s artwork to be turned into Christmas cards, gift tags, mugs and thank you cards that parents can buy in time for Christmas.
3. Christmas Fayre – an event we have historically shared with the church, held in the school hall.
4. Christmas Parties – the PTA work with school to help run a Christmas Party for Key Stage 1 and another for Key Stage 2.
5. Easter Market – an intense after-school frenzy of stalls including chocolate, sweets and cakes!
6. Summer Fair – the biggest fundraiser of the year, the summer fair is a great afternoon of fun.
7. After school cake and ice cream sales – always popular!
8. Bag2School – Bring in your unwanted clothes/toys etc and we are paid by the kilo, so the more you can declutter the better for us!
9. We also often we serve refreshments for events such as the school nativity plays and other productions or events in exchange for a cash donation.
10. Look to our local and national community for help eg. Waitrose Community Matters green coin scheme, Tesco Bags of Help and School Lottery.
How have we spent the money?
Here are some of the things we have bought for the school with the funds we have raised…
Revamp of Reception and Nursery playground areas
School coach hire for various year group trips
Visit by theatre group to school for Christmas Panto
Hi-viz vests for school trips
Annual Year 6 leaving party
£100 towards the Year 6 PGL trip
Greenhouse and garden beds for gardening club and lessons
Main playground climbing frame area
Annual £125 donation to each class teacher for extra resources
How do we communicate?
We have several ways to reach our parent community.
1. School Gateway text/email system – for all school related emails from the head, the staff and the PTA alike.
2. Class representatives – each class has a parent who is the link between the school and the parents of that class. The PTA ask for their help to communicate with individual classes, and by rounding up event helpers and donations from their class parents.
3. Facebook – Join our group on Facebook to keep up to date with events, discussions and any school related questions. Please mention your child’s name and year group when you join so an administrator can check you are a parent. Search for “St. Peter's CofE School, PTA, Mill End, Rickmansworth” or follow this link…https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=364900426907015&ref=ts&fref=ts
4. Noticeboard – there is a PTA noticeboard by the side gate that joins the front and back playgrounds which should be up to date with the latest news and events.
5. Email – if you ever need to contact the PTA committee, our group email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you help?
There are some really easy ways to help and some that require a bit more commitment….
· Donations – we rely on our wonderful parent community to donate bottles, sweets and chocolate for our event tombolas, and also cakes, items to sell, raffle donations, offers of services and skills and help with contacts to link us to our local community in Rickmansworth.
· Volunteer to help at our events – we know how precious your time is so we are always grateful to our volunteers! All our major events require setup, stall running and clearing up afterwards. Your commitment in advance of the event will help us to plan properly and run a successful fundraiser.
· Easyfundraising.org.uk – (see flyer) One extra click every time you shop online with major retailers will generate a donation of money for the school from that retailer at no extra cost to you! This organisation have agreed with most major retailers (Amazon, M&S, Tesco, Argos, Asda and many more) that they will give a percentage of your total shopping bill back to the school. Once registered, a Yes or No toolbar will pop up for every retailer, asking if you would like to donate to St Peter’s, it really is that easy and only one extra click. We would be so grateful if all our new parents could take the time to register at: www.easyfundraising.org.uk/stpetersrickmansworth
· Company Fund Matching – many companies offer a gift matching scheme, where they will match a donation that you give to the school. Each company has their own structure for this but if you could ask your HR department as a starter then we can help you with the rest!
· Join the committee – either as a class rep or as part of the organising team. If you enjoy making events happen then please do come and join our lovely team! We have a monthly meeting on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm at the small bar in the Mill End Community Centre, up the road from school. We try to keep it to about 1.5hrs (depending on how close we are to a major event). Come along to a meeting to find out more and hear what is involved before you decide.
PTA Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Our Annual General Meeting is held once a year and provides an opportunity for all parents to come along and hear in more detail about the work of the PTA, the events we have run, the funds we have raised and how the money has been spent. It is also the occasion when we elect our new committee members. Our next AGM will be held in September 2016.
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting or event!
Who are the current PTA committee and class reps?
The current PTA team (at September 2015) is made up of:
Suzanna Jenkin (chair) – daughter in Year 1
Nikki McCall (vice chair and vice treasurer) – son in Year 1
Heather McCullum (treasurer) – son in Year 1
Rachel Jones (secretary) - daughter in Year 3
David Warren (secretary) - daughters in Reception and Year 3
Christine Booth – Nursery teacher and representative of the staff
Tammaryn Lashley – daughter in Year 3
Miles Eagling – son in Reception
Popi Tsourtsoula – son in Year 2
Annette Woolman – son in Year 1 and daughter in Year 3
Emma Spink – son in Year 2 and daughter in Reception
Jemma Regnard – son in Year 2
The class reps this year (2015-2016) are:
Nursery - tbc
Reception - Miles Eagling
Year 1 - Carolyn Venn
Year 2 - Emma Spink
Year 3 - Clare Gold
Year 4 - Emma Poulton & Michelle Barrett (shared)
Year 5 - Amy Archbold
Year 6 - nobody at present
PTA Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Our Annual General Meeting is held once a year and provides an opportunity for all parents to come along and hear in more detail about the work of the PTA, the events we have run, the funds we have raised and how the money has been spent. It is also the occasion when we elect our new committee members.