A very warm welcome to Year 4
Adults in the classroom
Miss Wilson – Class Teacher
Mrs Duxberry - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Dutton – Art
Mrs Wilson - Music
This Term’s Topic
English - Aesop’s Fables and Ancient Greek Myths
Maths – Number including place value, addition and subtraction
History – Ancient Greece
RE – Hinduism
Science – Sound
This will go out on a Friday to be returned on Wednesday. If there are any problems about the content of the homework, please do not hesitate to ask me.
The expectation is:
· Reading together at home at least three times a week (sticker reward available for 3 adult signatures!). Every Friday, Reading Records should be handed in to be checked.
· Spellings to learn for Friday test.
· Mental maths homework eg Times tables.
· English based activity.
Children will need their PE kits in school every Thursday.
Their kits should include:
White/ green t-shirt (Children must change their shirt for PE)
Tracksuit bottoms (black or green)
Trainers (Children cannot wear their school shoes for PE)
Every Wednesday, the children will have a swimming lesson from 2.30pm - 3pm. Lessons commence on Wednesday 12th September until Wednesday 23rd November.
Every child needs a water bottle with a sports cap – children will only be allowed WATER in class.
We will have fruit time each day after play and children will need to bring in a piece of fruit.
· Please be prompt.
· Book bags must come to school every day.
· Children are expected to read at home with you every night and fill in their reading Journals.
· PE kits must come into school every Thursday.
· Homework is expected in on Wednesday.