St Peter's Church of England (VA) Primary School
One Family, Aiming High, Learning Together with God
Thank you for visiting the community committee's webpage. Please see information below detailing what our committee does, who is on it and meeting communication.
Which Governors Sit on the Community Committee:
Kate Hoskin- chair of community curriculum
Simon Cutmore- Vice Chair of Governors and Christian character lead
Tara Coles- communication lead
Henry Nixon- governor development lead
What we do:
We support and monitor the following:
· To consider how St Peter’s School meets the needs of the community. This would include feedback from the community about the school either obtained verbally or written.
· To monitor the impact of the Community Cohesion Policy.
· To review, after consultation with the Head teacher and staff, the school’s policies relating the students and make any recommendations.
2.1 Student Admissions
The function of the Community Committee is to review and amend as necessary the policies relating to admissions; appoint members to the Admissions sub-committee; and ensure that the admissions policy is applied by the Admissions sub-committee.
2.3 Student Behaviour
· To advise the school and the Governing body on all matters pertaining to behaviour and discipline
· To ensure that there is a written statement of Policy on behaviour and discipline (and that all procedures followed are in accordance with ‘A Guide to the Law for School Governors’ chapter 12)
· To make sure that parents are aware of the school’s policy on behaviour and discipline.
· To ensure that the home/school agreement is distributed to pupils and their parents at the beginning of each academic year and is signed by all parties.
· To review child protection policy and procedures and to liaise with the named member of staff responsible for this area.
· To review annually and amend the policy documents listed below for approval by the Governing Body.
The governing body delegates the adoption and review of the home school agreement to the committee.
· To be responsible with the head teacher for the recruitment of staff as and when a vacancy occurs.
· To approve the staffing structure for the school for the coming academic year
· To approve the recruitment and retention policy and recruitment procedure for agreement by the governing body and utilise the agreed procedure for every recruitment exercise.
· To provide, where possible, a member of the Governing Body to chair any interview panel.
· To approve the priorities for the School Development Plan proposed by the school which fall under the auspices of the Community Committee.
· To monitor, at least once a term, the progress made on implementing these areas of the School Development Plan, and progress on implementing any actions arising from an inspection.
· To approve the Performance Management Policy for all staff.
· To provide two members of the Governing Body to be part of the group that considers the Performance Management of the Head teacher and approves any decision on salary for other members of staff at the end of the Performance Management Cycle.
· To liaise with the Finance and Premises Committee through the Head Teacher in relation to staff costs for the preparation of the Annual Budget.
· To consider the summary findings from exit interviews when staff leave.
· To adopt and implement the LA HR Policy, including sections dealing with procedures for dealing with staff discipline; suspension and dismissal of staff (and letters of termination); and staff grievance handling.
· To provide two members of the Governing Body, where possible, to be part of the group that considers the dismissal of a member of staff as per the LA Policy
Welcome to our school. We hope you enjoy taking a look around our website. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries.Read more
At St. Peter’s, we have a rich curriculum, that is rooted in a wholesome Christian ethos, that inspires and motivates children to achieve their individual successes that will prepare them for a love of life-long learning.Read more