Thank you to our school councillors who did a fantastic job today raising awareness and fundraising for Children in Need 2023. We were so pleased at the number of entries for the Pudsey colouring competition. Thank you to everyone who bought merchandise from our councillors each morning this week. We sold all of our stock and raised lots of money for Children in Need.
School Council at St. Peters
At St. Peter's, we are proud to have pupil representatives that are nominated and voted within their class to represent them and their views and ideas. They take part in class and council meeting discussions, covering all eco, sport and general school issues.
The student councillors:
* will represent everyone in school and carry forward ideas from their peers in class
* will be an outstanding role model to others in school
* will raise money for school and other school supported charities
* are enthusiastic about sport
* are interested in developing sport and P.E in school
* will encourage a fit and healthy lifestyle and promote wellbeing
* will develop environmental awareness across our school community and to care for and develop our local environment
* will oversee Eco friendly projects
* will devise an Eco code for the whole school to follow.
School Council updates ....
World Mental Health Day - 10th October 2023
Tuesday 10th October was World Mental Health day and all children (and staff) were encouraged to wear green to school.
The theme for 2023 was 'Mental health is a universal human right'.
School councillors encouraged classes to incorporate well-being activities across the day such as calming music and mindfulness colouring.
It's good to talk
Research shows that talking is good for your mental health. Our school council representatives were available in the reflection area during lunchtime on Tuesday for any children that has any worries or were just in need of a bit of a chat 🙂